Textbook Indexing: Basic skills and guidelines to create a good textbook index with Diana Witt
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
10 am Pacific; 11 am Mtn; 12 pm Central; 1 pm Eastern
Learn the pros and cons of updating vs. original creation of textbook indexes. Understand how to handle non-text material such as glossaries, graphics, appendices, etc. Find out how to create multiple name, subject, and company indexes simultaneously.
Program will cover:
• Table of contents, and/or chapter titles as term sources
• Highlighted boldfaced terms
• Introductory matter relevance
• Glossary, inclusion or not
• Appendices, case studies, online resources and other nontext material
• Multiple indexes (name, subject, and company name indexes)
• Audience for the book, elementary, secondary, college, continuing education
• New vs. updated indexes
• Rates and fees: Current crisis for textbook indexers, reasonable charges for multiple indexes
• Calculating for updated vs. original indexes.
Diana Witt is a long-time professional indexer with many years’ experience in textbook and scholarly indexing.
After you click the Purchase Webinar Now button, you’ll go to the shopping cart. Put in the code* and click apply to get our member rate.
*Members of NIN can email Caroline or me for the code.